Out of cartoons and boredom we get posts like this. What would a modern day Velma look like? Let us consider the etsyfication of those meddling kids. These collections bring together things they might choose with things that maintain the look and feel of the characters… So I bring you the Meddling Kids Collections- Modern Collections inspired by those meddling kids. Are you a Daphney or a Velma, a Fred or a Shaggy? And yes, Scooby is missing for the moment…
Velma- Luckily nerdy is quite in and Velma would likely be quite trendy. Who doesn’t love a smart chick in glasses and tons of orange?
In full treasury form here- http://www.etsy.com/treasury/Nzg2NjUxN3w1Mzg5MTEwMjM/velma?index=4
For the fashionista who loves purple. Orchid is a top fall color so I guess Daphney’s got that one down…
For the original preppy boy…
And for the totally laid back dude whose best bud is a great dane…
Hooked on the dark, the elegant and the subtle
The kind of dress you swirl, twirl and run in
A few of my Favorited Things
Beings that Halloween is perhaps my favorite holiday and one that lets anyone be seriously creative, I’ve probably been thinking about it since last year. Yesterday I put together a few etsy treasuries showcasing groups of fun creepy seasonally appropriate items to share.
We all know their are different types of parties and one odd one that occurs year round is the zombie party. SO if you happen to be thinking about just such a thing check out these etsy picks that will help you set the scene, and make you jump when the movies are off.
- “please specify if you want your fingers with or without blood and cuts. No two fingers are alike as they are hand painted injuries!”
- Haha, great description. Mind you these are decorative scented item, not tarts like the kind you eat. No chowing down on the fingers ;).
ew, put if you like te more lifelike gorey side of things this is for you, and some others below…
View the full original treasury here
For those who like something more traditional, but not childish, check out these-
- $5.25 USD
- I’ve used and made a wide variety of odd labels for parties and they always go over really well and get compliments. Try these out on whatever you are serving. Put them on odd bottles and its even better.
- If you weren’t into the plain fingers, how about some witch fingers? (check out this shop to see a variety of odd soaps including glow in the dark fingers).
- because you aren’t goign to build that coffin yourself are you? Use year in and year out, store your decorations or costumes in it in the off season, hide inside and spook your friend, or use a dummy and piece of string ;).
- Note- it’s the template for the epitaph and instructions, not the tombstone for sale here. But if the instructions can elp you make something like that, well bring it on.
Full treasury here
Or you might be looking for something a little eerie, creepy that makes people wonder if your place is just like this year round, near stylish spooky decor with an air of victorian oddities.
Spook in Style
- If you are going to go with a banner or garland, wouldn’t you rather go with one that doesn’t break the theme or the bank? Here you go, looks nothing like the shiny cardboard of retail store signs.
- eerie air but could stay up year round. But, I also adore the anatomical heart (see ThumpThump).
- There’s got to be something you could use these for right? Crafty DIY handing out candy bags to trick or treaters, goodies bags, favors, just tagging your guests with them, incorporation into some simple but odd party game?
- eeek, small enough to only be noticed after they’ve been near it for a while, creepy enough to make them jump and you know somebody who would want it on their wall or desk year round…
- Beautiful, can be used in a variety of places and is reminiscent of the black ceramic pumpkin I made in grade school. Not that they look the same beyond the color though, as this is a supremely elegant pumpkin and could certainly go beyond halloween parties. Like a pumpkin in a long black evening gown.
Full treasury here
More to come…
Whether is be that in going forward we find ourselves looking back or that in looking back we find how far we’ve come or consider where we are going, the nostalgic and the explorer intermingle in a lust for wandering and wondering especially in thoughts of travel…
full original treasury here
Traveling and Exploring we go..
There is something about the traveler discoverer aesthetic that is so appealing. It tells of old time studies rich with books, of maps and travel logues and naturalist journals, of worn shoes and ships, of trains and suitcases, canvas and leather, binoculars, compasses and untouched places
I finally made a treasury, and seeing that they take about 1/100 maybe of the time it takes to create an outfit me post, I think it’s likely I’ll do it again. You can see the images below but you don’t quite get the feel. So check out the whole treasury here:
and post comments on it about how you think my first attempt came out :).
Copper Amber Sunrise